Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Delilah loving her sister
First night home, we are so glad to not have to be in the hospital any more!

Delilah is holding baby sister for the first time, she loves Jaylee which is good, she is always wanting to kiss on her and hold her all the time. We sometimes have to keep her in check with being soft with baby sister, and being soft with Mommy since I am not able to do to much yet. If you can see Delilah is rocking her new princess shoes, a gift from mommy since she is turning into a big girl.

Jaylee Coraline Merkley joined our family 3/1/2011 at 8:45 am she was 7 pounds 13 ounces, and 20 inches long. I had her c-section, this time by choice. The nurses and Dr.'s at Banner Ironwood were amazing, I had two that were especially amazing, the nursery nurse who noticed I was having an anxiety attack before Jared got in the room and she talked me through everything until he came in and the Anesthesiologist he kept talking to me the whole time, checking on me to see if I was ok, and after Jared left he stayed close by my side to make sure I was doing ok, and kept telling me I was doing a great job. I figured since I did it once before it should be easy, but going into that room without Jared and having all these strange people in the room gets a little scary. Jaylee came into the world very feisty was upset when the nurses would touch her, Jared thought it was pretty funny. Then they finally brought her over to me, and I started talking to her and she opened her eyes to look at me. Jared and the nurse said that was the first time she opened them, once she heard my voice. The only thing that I was thinking was this is for sure a Merkley baby, I think she looked a lot like Delilah and a lot like her cousins when they were babies.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet story! I'm so happy for you guys! And Jaylee is so cute--not to mention that she has a CUTE NAME, too! : )

    I didn't even know there was a Banner Ironwood hospital. Glad that nurse was there to walk you through an anxiety attack--NO FUN!

    ReplyDelete